In this article we are sharing few easy-to-prepare breakfast sandwich recipes using peanut butter. We all love the taste and smell of peanut butter. It’s not only the taste and aroma , it’s also rich in nutrients.
What is Peanut Butter?
It is a paste made from dry roasted ground peanuts. This paste can be used to prepare yummy sandwiches just by spreading it over the bread slices and adding sugar or salt on it.
How To Prepare Peanut Butter?
It is very easy to prepare fresh and tasty peanut butter at home in no time following below procedure.
- Dry roast the peanuts and remove the skin.
- Put peanuts in food processor and grind to paste for around 5 minutes.
- Fresh and tasty peanut butter is ready.
- If needed use it fresh or transfer to jar and store in refrigerator.
Health benefits of Peanut Butter
Peanut butter not only good in taste and smell it got lots of health benefits too. Some of them are listed below.
- Rich in Protein.
- Good for heart when used moderately.
- Fat content in peanut butter is good for health (when used moderately).
- It acts as energy booster so perfect for morning breakfast.
- Peanut butter is rich in fiber and also full of nutrients.
In this article, we are sharing some quick and easy-to-prepare sandwich recipes using Peanut Butter.
1. Elvis Presley’s Fried Sandwich with Peanut Butter and Banana
- 1 Riped small banana
- 2 slices of white bread
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Mash the banana fully in a small bowl
- Slightly toast the bread slices
- Take one slice, apply peanut butter on one side and mashed banana on the other
- Put the butter in a pan and allow it to melt, now fry the slices till they turn to golden brown color
- Cut the slices in triangle shape and enjoy when they are hot
2. Fried Peanut Butter and Egg Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- 12 bread slices
- Smooth peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Shortening Jelly
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add milk and salt to it
- Take 4-5 slices of bread and spread peanut butter over them
- Now top with other slices and cut diagonally half
- Dip these sandwiches in the mixture of egg and milk and take out
- Grease the griddle and fry the dipped sandwich pieces till they turn golden brown on both sides
- Enjoy the hot delicious sandwiches with Jelly.
3. Peanut Butter and Sliced Banana Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 bread slices
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- Take bread slices and apply peanut butter on one side
- Top with thin sliced bananas; cover them with other bread slices
- Now spread some butter or margarine on top slices
- Keep the sandwiches on griddle making margarine side down; apply little margarine on top slices
- Open cook until both sides become golden brown
4. Banana – Date and Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Whole wheat breads – 2
- 8 dates, 2 riped bananas
- Mix peanut butter and honey together in a bowl
- Toast breads slightly and cut them in diagonally half
- Apply honey and peanut butter mixture on one side of bread slice, top with banana slices and
goodness of chopped dates
- Apply honey and peanut butter on other slice and place it on top
- Now it is ready to eat as it is or place it in toaster if you like roasted one
Hope you liked these sandwich recipes. Try them out and let us know 🙂