As per the history, griddle was used in the 13th century and was made of flat stone, brick or clay, iron to cook flatbreads over an open fire. Later in 1908 a recorded invention was made in which Brian Numchuck was said to be the inventor of Griddle.
Then S.W Farber invented Modern Electric Griddle.
Griddles are best suited to cook any flat-food like pancakes, eggs, sandwiches, French toasts, hamburgers and much more. Griddles are used for home and commercial purposes as well.
Commercial griddles are made steel or aluminium whereas home griddles are made of steel, aluminium, and cast iron and are available in round, square or rectangle shapes. The electric griddles used for the home are made of Teflon-coated aluminium.
Today, we will be reviewing one of the favorite grilled sandwich maker (which is a 5 in 1 equipment) – Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler.
Detailed Review of Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
Product Features and Description
Cuisinart GR-4N has excellent finishing, and stainless steel housing provides it with a gorgeous look. It comes with a full Panini-style handle with a hinged floating cover which accommodates food of different sizes.
The bottom portion consists of three control knobs clearly marked with indication lights, two for temperature control and one for function control.
It also comes with two easily removable and reversible non stick grill/griddle plates for multi-function and a drip tray to drain the grease. This product comes with 3 years limited warranty. Cuisinart sandwich grill is a single product which offers 5 different features. It can be used as a Contact Grill as well.
While using it as a contact grill, we can cook burgers, boneless meat and even vegetables. When using as a contact grill, it is recommended to use the grill side of the griddler.
Special Tip: As we will be grilling both sides of the food at the same time, food will cook faster. The drip tray is present which collects the grease while cooking meat.
By adjusting the desired temperature for the food, you want to grill just place the cover evenly on top of it.
It’s the Italian name for a sandwich. Griddler can be used as Panini press to prepare sandwiches, bread. While making sandwiches, we can use any combination of plates that is either grill plates or griddler plates.
Special Tip: If you want to have the experience of traditional Panini press sandwich then grill side is best for that.
Griddler can be used as a full grill to cook burgers, steak, poultry, fish and vegetables. Here griddler cover will be lying flat to create a double area for cooking. You can cook separate food on each grill plate to preserve their flavours.
The griddler opened in such a way that the two plates should lie flat. Like full grill here also we get more space and can prepare a different variety of dishes at the same time.
Half Grill/Half Griddle
This combination is good for cooking full meals like bacon and eggs or steak and potatoes. Place the unit in flat position place the plate with grill side facing up and other as griddle side facing up. Here we can set any temperature either Grill/Panini or griddle temperature.
What Customer Loved in this Grill?
- Its Multipurpose(5 in 1 ) Feature: This feature allows for cooking pancakes, burgers, bacon, Panini, toasted sandwiches, steak and much more with delicious taste by just adjusting the grill and griddle plates.
- It’s quick: Cuisinart sandwich grill takes very less time to cook sausage (4 minutes) and bacon.
- Easy to clean and maintain: Cleaning is very easy as grill/griddle plates and drip tray is dish washer safe, but both can also be hand washed within a minute. The housing base, cover, control knobs can be just wiped with dry or damped soft cloth within no time. After the cooking work switches off and leave the unit for cooling around 30 minutes. The plates can be removed by pressing the plate release button and cleaned either by hand or in the dish washer. Empty the grease from the drip tray and wash it. Control knobs, housing base, the cover can be cleaned either by dry or dampen soft cloth.
What Can be Improved?
- Size of cooking area: It is little small
- Storage: It is little bulky to store, it would be nice if the handle folded down for more compact storage.
- Grease drainage: Deeper grooves recommended.
|Product Dimensions:||11.5 x 13.5 x 7.1 inches, 8 pounds|
|Our Rating||4.2 out of 5 stars|
If you are searching for a multipurpose, easy to handle grilled sandwich maker, then the Cuisinart Sandwich Grill is the best choice. It’s 5 in 1 feature makes this product versatile. It can make your cooking a simple affair.
Using Cuisinart grill sandwich maker you can prepare not only delicious and healthy breakfast but also full meals in no time. Its attractive design goes well with your kitchen decor.